| PATTERSON Industries
Process Equipment People" custom designs, engineers and manufactures Sigma Blade
Kneading machines for many different industries and service requirements.
PATTERSON Kneadermaster« is a uniquely designed mixer which provides economical
batch mixing of materials having high viscosities and requiring high shear mixing action
to achieve the desired product consistency.
PATTERSON Kneadermaster« Batch Mixers may be engineered and built in both TILTING and
NON-TILTING Styles for working capacities ranging from 5 USG (19 l) up to 2000 USG (7570
l). Special research and development laboratory scale units have been built as small as
1USG (3.78 l).
Blade Mixers are precision built. All bearings are of anti-friction type, gearing wide
face precision cut, and all vital gearing is straddle mounted between two bearings. Both
bearings and gearing run in sealed oil tight housings with visible oil level gauges.
Trough, trough ends, and mixing blades may be arranged for rapid controlled heating or
cooling depending upon process demands.
Cored blades assure maximum efficiency in the heating or cooling of materials being
mixed. The Kneadermaster« can be jacketed to further assure temperature control and
uniformity. The heat transfer areas in the mixer are designed so that the material being
processed is constantly exposed to surfaces of controlled temperature.
PATTERSON Kneadermaster« Batch Mixers feature totally enclosed drive arrangement for
optimum efficiency, easy maintenance, and positive circulation for heating or cooling
The Trough and Blades design radically improves trough mounting and tilting. Built in
piping, straddle mounted gearing and anti-friction bearings improve performance and
safety. Tilting mechanism, automatic lubrication for bearings and gearing, rigidity of
construction, and scientifically correct blades maximize performance.
PATTERSON Kneadermaster« Batch Mixer
- Mixing and compounding plastic materials with varied fillers or reagents.
- Masticating, breaking down, and/or developing dispersions of plastic materials.
- Mixing, wetting, and dispersion of pigments with various vehicles including force-feed
"letting down" or dilution.
- Liberating and removal of volatilize components from plastic or other materials during
mixing and kneading operation.
- Combining of chemical reaction with intensive physical treatment in one operation.
- Mixing and treating fibrous material without destruction of fibre structure.
- Washing and stabilizing tenacious gum and synthetic products while preserving molecular
- Mixing and dispersion of flaked or powdered metals with various vehicles or binders.
- Some of the materials processed by the
PATTERSON Kneadermaster« includes:
- Abrasives - Buffing Compounds - Resin bonded wheel compounds.
- Adhesives - Rubber - Stove cements - Casein.
- Asphaltic Compositions - Battery case mixes - Belt dressings - Crucible pastes -
Electric arc carbon - Electrodes.
- Bakery Products - Bread and cake dough - Chocolate powders (prepared) - Fruitcake.
- Drugs - Heavy paste compositions (various) Massage creams - Pill mixtures Toothpaste.
- Explosives - Rocket fuel.
- Food Products - Bakery products - Cheese (process) - Chicle - Chocolate and Cocoa - Dog
biscuits - Dog food - Margarine - Mincemeat - Sausage meat.
- Paper - Clay and carbonate dispersions in starch or casein binder.
- Pigments - Organisol pigmenting - Plastisol pigmenting - Putty (glazing and caulking).
- Plastics - Extrusion compounds (various) - Molding compounds (alkyds, ureas, vinyls) -
Organisols - Plastisols.
- Waxes - Belt dressings - Buffing compounds.
Units can be individually designed to customer's material specifications and process
parameters. Complete the Kneadermaster« Sigma Blade Mixer Specification Sheet and submit
by e-mail or fax to PATTERSON for quotation.