Industries Canada "The
Process Equipment People" designs, engineers and manufactures Process
Vessels, Reactors and Kettles for blending, dissolving, cooking and reacting
etc. or in some instances a combination of two or more mixing actions. Typically these
units are jacketed for either heating or cooling of the contents. They can be equipped
with either propeller, turbine, paddle, helical or anchor type agitators. For some
specific high viscosity products such as grease lubricants, adhesives and polymers, double
motion agitator arrangements are designed using paddle-turbine and anchor stirrer designs.
PATTERSON Agitators are designed based upon individual process conditions, product
characteristics and the degree of agitation required to achieve the desired end product.
Our agitators utilize wherever possible commercially available components such as motors,
couplings, reducers and shaft seals.
fabricate equipment from Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel and other Alloy Steels, of either
solid or clad construction depending on design requirements and cost considerations.
PATTERSON Process Vessels, Reactors and Kettles can be built in diameters up to 15'0"
(4.5m) and lengths up to 60'0" (18.3m).
PATTERSON manufactures Process Vessels, Reactors & Kettles for the Petro Chemical;
Resins, Polymers, Coatings & Adhesives; Agricultural & General Chemicals and
Plastics & Rubber Industries.
More specifically they are used for the manufacture of grease lubricants; paints, inks,
varnishes, adhesives; and industrial, commercial and household products such as cleaning
compounds and liquid detergents amongst others.
PATTERSON Process Vessels, Reactors & Vessels incorporate many of the following
- Designed, engineered and manufactured to individual application specifications including
Pressure and/or Vacuum Condition and for ambient or elevated temperature service.
- Fabricated from low and standard temperature Carbon Steels, 300 & 400 series
Stainless Steels, Monels, Inconels, Incoloys, Nickels and Hastelloys.
- Construction of either solid or clad type.
- Half-Pipe, Conventional Double Wall or Dimpled-style Jackets for Indirect Heating or
without jackets for Direct Heating.
- Jackets designed for Heating and/or Cooling with Water/Steam or Thermal Fluid Heat
- Internal Heating/Cooling Coils can be added where design and/or process conditions
determine additional heat transfer area is required.
- Jackets are designed with either single zone or multiple zones depending on process and
batch level requirements (full or partial batch size).
- Supplied typically with leg supports for floor installation or shell mounted brackets
for mezzanine type installations.
- Standard mill plate finish, mechanically polished and/or electropolished internal
- Designed, manufactured, tested & inspected in accordance with the ASME Code Section
VIII Division I and with the stamp of the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel
- PATTERSON Agitators are designed based upon individual process conditions and product
characteristics i.e. viscosity, specific gravity and degree of agitation required.
- With single motion impeller-propeller, turbine, paddle, helical or anchor style or with
double motion arrangements. This is suitable for products like grease lubricants,
adhesives and polymers utilizing anchor style scraper agitator to clean the vessel wall
and assist heat transfer and paddle/turbine impellor to increase product movement and
achieve desired mixing homogeneity.
- Standard Stuffing Box type Packing Gland Shaft Seals with or without water cooling or
PATTERSON Process Vessels, Reactors and Kettles when supplied with
assure the customer of a single source responsibility for ensuring mechanical fit-up of
Vessel and Agitator.